Re: Announce List

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:21:05 +0200

Hi Bryan,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 09:36:28AM -0400, Bryan Germann wrote:
> I'm excited to see a mailing list for users to discuss HAProxy.

I too am :-)
And I find it very cool that you guys help other users, it saves me some time, and make the users get their responses faster !

> May I
> propose an additional HAProxy mailing list for project announcements.

No I don't want to right now. There is very little traffic on this list, it's not that hard to follow and I don't want to manage two lists. I will announce new versions right here (as well as on freshmeat).

If one day this list became as busy as LKML (which I'm certain will never happen), I would find it pertinent to dedicate a specific one for announcements.

> Thanks,
> Bryan

Thanks,
Willy Received on 2007/09/29 10:21