Re: Monitoring features

From: James Quacinella <james#nyi.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:51:14 -0400

Lauro, John wrote:
> I think that would be useful too if it could do it directly.
> Although, it should be possible to do it outside of haproxy with
> something monitoring the syslog entires...

My feeling is the less HAProxy does, the better. You can use tools like monit / zabbix / opennms to monitor your services, which can email / SMS / IM you when services go down. Or you can write up a small script that will monitor your syslog log entries from HAProxy to email you when something goes down.