haproxy 1.3.12.3 - preview release

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 00:25:36 +0200

Hi guys,

I've just finished merging pending patches for 1.3.12.3. Those are generally minor changes but relevant ones, as reported by the short log :

---
Alexandre Cassen (1):

[MINOR] add the "nolinger" option to disable data lingering
Krzysztof Oledzki (4):
[BUG] fix double-free during clean exit
[MINOR] prevent the system from sending an RST when closing health-checks
[MEDIUM] do not add a cache-control: header when on non-cacheable responses
[MEDIUM] Spread health checks even more
Willy Tarreau (3):
[MEDIUM] only consider slow checks when looking for the common interval
[MINOR] spread checks also when the server is OK.
[DOC] document spread-checks
--- I have yet to check whether the reload problem reported by Jeremy is fixed by Krzysztof's double-free fix. It's very very likely, since the scenario to reproduce it matches the pattern required to trigger the double-free. Among interesting changes are the "nolinger" patch from Alexandre which adds an option to frontends and backends to disable data lingering. This generally dramatically reduces the number of FIN_WAIT sockets in unreliable environments. The other one is the spread checks from Krzysztof. It considerably reduced the time needed to send the first check to servers, while ensuring that they when a same server is present in multiple backends, it will not get all the checks at once. The rest is good for 1.3.12 too. I've put a pre-release here : http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.3/test/haproxy-1.3.12.2-1.3.12.3-rc1.diff If some of you want to ensure they don't see any regression before I release it, it would be cool. I'll probably do that tomorrow or the day after, depending on my spare time. Thanks, Willy