Re: Count retries and redispatches

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:36:36 +0200

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 12:32:37AM +0200, Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:
> Quite likely as downloading 10MB takes _very_ long time. I don't know if
> it is possible to change timeouts in git clone, any chances for
> supporting the "git://" protocol?

I have to check, I've never installed a native git server yet. I'm also always concerned about security issues too.

> >>This is exactly what I send. So, it seems that if there is a fix needed it
> >>may be missing.
> >
> >Dman, you're right! The line I had to add by hand was the line
> >I marked above [ t->be->retries++ ]. But re-reading your mail, I see
> >it was already there. I had to apply your patch by hand due to the
> >numerous changes I did in the stats area. So most likely I have myself
> >jumped over it when copy-pasting parts.
>
> Right, I must be very ugly to apply patch by hand.

it was deliberate and easier for me since there were just a few sparse lines in the core code, and the changes in the output code were affected by other changes I completed a few hours ago :-)

> Next time I would try
> to base on the git repository if only I would be able to clone it. :(

I'd like to get an easy, secure, fast and reliable method to export the GIT repo. It's very annoying that it works so bad in HTTP! It's frustrating to use a distributed versioning system and be the only one to use it (at least you as a git user certainly understand that it already has huge advantages for me as I work from several places).

> >Thanks for noticing, and please accept my apologizes for mistakenly
> >making it look like your patch wasn't perfect !
>
> Really, not need to. I was just curious what I overlooked this time (like
> in the spread-checks patch) and was quite surprised that nothing was
> changed. ;)

But I *hate* to introduce bugs that were not previously there. Rest assured that I would have hated it as much if you had introduced it in some code I had sent to you :-)

Best regards,
Willy Received on 2007/10/19 00:36