Re: Quick question on logging from HaProxy.

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:52:42 +0200

Hi Jeremy,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 10:14:55AM -0600, Jeremy Hinegardner wrote: (...)
> In a slightly relevant issue, I have written an haproxy log parser to
> take the haproxy log lines from syslog and put them into a sqlite
> database for later perusal. It does incremental inserts and you can
> have some basic command line reporting come out of it.

Oh, that sure may be useful, particularly for debugging. Have you been able to approximately measure how fast it performed ? I'm told that sqlite is very fast, but I don't know if it could be fed hundreds of megs of logs and still exhibit decent processing time.

> Part of the the package is an update to the haproxy logformat
> documentation (which isn't quite done).

It would be welcome, it's true that I have not updated it in the docs and it's going to be a problem.

> I'll announce 'halog' here in the next week I hope, along with the
> documentation patch for Willy. I've been using it in production with
> haproxy 1.3.12 and 1.3.7 for a while now and its definitely helped us
> spot some issues.

OK, take your time, there's no emergency anyway.

Thanks,
Willy Received on 2007/10/22 19:52