Several haproxy 1.3.14.1 questions

From: Hugo Silva <hugo#barafranca.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:16:23 +0000

Hi list,

Apologies if these have been asked already, I have not played with haproxy for awhile, and so I have been busy reading the documentation, which seems to contradict itself in a few places.

I am hoping someone on the list can help me with some doubts/issues I am encountering..

  1. Is keep alive supported on haproxy these days ? If yes, any drawbacks / gotchas I should be aware of ?
  2. How would I protect the stats page via ACLs ? I don't need authentication, but I would like to limit access to /haproxy-status (stats uri) to a certain subnet. I am having some trouble understanding the ACL syntax so far.
  3. I am in the early steps of configuring a new load balancer, and I have already defined the servers on the listen part of the config, ie: server srv1 1.1.1.1:80 cookie appsrv1 minconn 256 maxconn 1024 inter 30s rise 4 fall 3 maxqueue 64 slowstart 2m weight 10 (... 6 others)

However, I have not started lighttpd on the webservers themselves yet, so I expected to see them marked as DOWN on the status page. Instead, they show 'no check' on the Status column. Is this expected ?

d) How would I redirect all *.css, *.jpg, *.gif to a specific server ? Is it possible to do this EXCEPT for a certain path ? ie ("redirect all css, jpg, gif to the 'static' server, unless the path is /keepme). I have been reading the documentation on this, but again, I am a bit confused so far.. so practical examples would be very welcome.

e) Is SSL support fully operational?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Hugo Received on 2008/01/04 16:16