haproxy news in -git, and snapshots

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 00:05:04 +0100

Hi Krzysztof,

I've merged your patches (count retries for servers and inversion for options). IIRC the last one was slightly adjusted as we discussed by mail. The first one was OK (well, just a missed adjustment in a comment about one unused flag).

I'm writing to you because I found a way to implement the turn-around delay after a failed connection attempt and I know you're waiting for this :-)

Finally I did not add any state to the server's FSM. I proceeded differently, with a new SN_CONN_TAR flag added to the session, I fake a server connection timeout when a connection error occurs.

Initially, I wanted to reuse the contimeout as the turn-around timeout, but there are people using very large contimeouts because it was the same value which dictated the tarpit and queue timeouts in previous versions, so this would result in reconnection attempts being delayed too long. So finally I arbitrarily selected a one second delay to attempt a reconnection after a failure.

If this value is considered too low by some users and too high by others, then we'll introduce "timeout reconnect" :-)

I've updated the git repo. Also, I've just started publishing automatic daily snapshots of the web dir for those who do not use GIT. I've manually produced the first one, and hope the next ones will work by themselves.

Snapshots will be available there :

   http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.3/test/

Their naming scheme is "haproxy-ss-YYYYMMDD.tar.gz".

Best regards,
Willy Received on 2008/01/07 00:05