Re: Cookie Timeouts

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:20:09 +0100

Hi Dan,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 10:26:30AM -0700, Dan Zubey wrote:
> Is there a way in HAProxy to force a server cookie to time out after a
> certain period, and force the client to request a new cookie?

No, those are session cookies, not persistent cookies.

> We are having issues where customer's browsers seem to be remembering
> the server cookie value, and completely inhibiting the load-balancing
> method.

I don't get it. That's precisely the purpose of server cookies, they are used to provide persistence, which means that the same user will remain on the same server as long as it does not close its browser. What are you trying to achieve precisely ?

> Alternatively, is there any progress on the least-connection load
> balancing method?

It's just a matter of time. I *think* it should be done by the end of the month, I theorically need about 1 day to implement it.

Cheers,
Willy Received on 2008/01/12 19:20