Re: Upgrade to 1.3.13

From: Ninad Raje <ninadvr#yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:34:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Willy,

I've upgraded HAProxy from 1.3.12 to 1.3.14.2. I had to manually create /usr/share/haproxy directory because new haproxy was throwing an alert (that it couldn't chroot to /usr/share/haproxy) and the haproxy process was not running. I would like to know the reason why it needed /usr/share/haproxy directory? Is there a way to get around it?

Regards,
Ninad

Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu> wrote: Hi Ninad,

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 01:27:39PM -0800, Ninad Raje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using haproxy 1.3.12 in a hot configuration update mode. We would like to upgrade to version 1.3.13. For some reason the upgrade is not working. There is no indication in the log either. I don't see any error in the log. The haproxy process is not running.

OK, please first upgrade to 1.3.13.1 which fixes several minor issues (and maybe yours). Also, can you start the process with both -V and -d options ? It will be far more verbose and will return any error it might discover.

I hope it's nothing serious, otherwise I will do my best to fix the problem.

Regards,
Willy

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Received on 2008/03/11 22:34