Re: haproxy work on my local lan but not from the itnternet

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:01:38 +0100

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 05:36:22PM -0400, Guillaume Bourque wrote:
> Sorry I forgot to mention I'm running kernel 2.6.22-14-virtual and no
> rules in iptables.

Guillaume,

Haproxy does not care if you come from the inside or outside network, since it's just a TCP proxy. However, since you're balancing on source IP address, I suspect that from the internal net, your hash goes to one server, and that from the internet address you used, you go to the other server and that it simply does not respond.

Check the logs, check that the FW box correcly nats the outgoing traffic, and BTW, that the haproxy box has the correct default gateway to the net through the FW box.

If nothing works, you can still produce a tcpdump trace on the haproxy box so that we can check at what moment the problem appears.