Re: haproxy work on my local lan but not from the itnternet

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:32:31 +0100

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 01:36:47AM -0400, Guillaume Bourque wrote:
> I tried lvs but I did not found clear instruction on how to implement
> it with iptables all doc were pointing toward ipchains or saying that I
> need to masq traffic but no concrete examples like you have in your
> site. So after 3-4 hours playing with lvs I went to haproxy
>
> As you say, my client apps ( windows RDP or TS client ) will reconnect
> itself to the TS server if my MASTER haproxy ever died. The TS server
> will re-establish the same session, so the user should end up in the
> same session ( that's what I saw in my lab )

OK, so that's perfect. I like the fact that applications are more and more aware of the fact that Internet does not provide reliable end-to-end application connections, but that it provides everything for the application to maintain the level of service :-)

> I will probably stick with haproxy since when I will want to proxy httpd
> traffic in ha I will alredy have a tool for it !
>
> 1 more question, since I'm balancing on source adresse and that my 2
> haproxy have the same config, 1 source ip should alway end up on the
> same real server either from haproxy1 or haproxy2 ?

yes, and that's one of the purposes of the hash.

> Thanks for your help If I can help my turn I'll be happy to do so.

You're welcome.
Willy Received on 2008/03/13 07:32