RE: FC8 - Stunnel - HAProxy

From: Jill Rochelle <jrochelle#digitalchalk.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:20:30 -0400

Ok .. I may be doing this all wrong ... here's what I want to accomplish

2 haproxy servers (for no single point of failure) - using dns round-robin   Have the proxies' route http and https requests to multiple backend web servers using round-robin or source since it's probably best not to switch servers in the middle of a session
  Have the SSL cert on the 2 proxies so we don't have to have multiple certificates for web servers or a wild card for the certificate

On FC4 I had this working with stunnel and haproxy ... or I thought I did. But I can not get this to work now. All https requests are changed to http.

After reading again, I'm beginning to think that what I was doing with stunnel and haproxy is not really what I need; but I'm so confused now I'm not sure.

Can anyone offer any guidance and suggestions? This is all still rather new to me and I think I'm just making this way more complicated than it is.

Thanks,
Jill