Re: haproxy + IMAP

From: Guillaume Bourque <Guillaume.Bourque#gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:31:51 -0400

Hello Guy,

no prob at all to do what you want with haproxy !

you need to distribute the load using the option balance source.

I'm using haproxy to load balance Terminal Server traffic and it is very important for us to keep a a user on the same backend and this is exactly what balance source does.

Here is my definition for our TS service.

Bye

listen rdpfarm :3389

       mode tcp
       balance source
       # keep alive vers client et le serveur
       option tcpka

       server RDP-1 10.10.1.110 check port 3300
       server RDP-1 10.10.1.110 check port 3389 backup
       server RDP-2 10.10.1.111 check port 3300
       server RDP-2 10.10.1.111 check port 3389 backup

--
Guillaume Bourque, B.Sc.,
consultant, infrastructures technologiques