Re: haproxy + IMAP

From: Guy <wyldfury#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:37:27 +0100

That's the catch I've got though. Both IMAP servers have access to all the mailboxes. So I actually want haproxy to balance the load across the two servers randomly. It only really needs to maintain the connection for a given IMAP transaction I think. So basically it needs to remain on a server long enough for a user to login and sync or login and download in the case of pop3. I'm going to have to run both IMAP and POP3.
Is there another algorithm that could do this? I'm afraid I don't know imap and pop3 well enough to know whether each login/sync or login/download is a single tcp session or not. If they are, then I imagine a simple roundrobin setup would work fine.

--
Don't just do something...sit there!