Re: canīt get snmp to work

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:21:12 +0200

Hi Pablo,

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 06:27:16PM +0200, Pablo Escobar wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Today I decided to upgrade to last stable version of haproxy on my web cluster
> because I would like to get snmp statistics from haproxy to show on cacti but
> I canīt get snmp to work.
>
> I followed the instructions on haproxy-1.3.15/contrib/netsnmp-perl/README so
> copied the script haproxy.pl to /etc/snmp directory and got this two new
> lines on my snmpd.conf
>
> [root]@[txema]# tail -n2 /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
> disablePerl false
> perl do '/etc/snmp/haproxy.pl';
>
> then I restarted snmpd and tried to do some snmp queries but I get no results.

I have not tried this script yet, because I don't have a perl-enabled snmpd. But could you check /var/log/messages, just in case snmpd would log some errors ? Probably that /etc/snmp/haproxy.pl needs to be installed with execute permission (chmod +x).

Also check that the unix socket referenced in haproxy.pl matches the one you have in your haproxy configuration. Maybe you have a slightly different path ?