Re: canīt get snmp to work

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:50:15 +0200

Hello konrad,

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 02:08:17PM +0200, konrad rzentarzewski wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 01:50:22PM +0200, Pablo Escobar wrote:
> > > Well, what would be really cool is if you could add a "howto" file
> > > in the netsnmp-perl directory so that other persons know how to
> > > rebuild their netsnmp package with perl support.
> >
> > Happy to collaborate with haproxy. This week I will send a little more
> > extended documentation to the list.
>
> i wonder if it wouldn't be better to use pass_persist interface between
> snmp and stats script rather than using efemeric perl extension which
> doesn't seem to be supported by major distros... or make it alternative.

We're using something like this at exosec right now. We've been decided to publish it for quite some time now, but always have more important things to do :-(

One problem our developer discovered with this interface is that it does not support the counter64 type by default. So he had to patch netsnmp to add support for this type, and judging from the numerous posts on forums, he was not the first one with this problem (and with such a patch).

So while it looks cleaner, if you want to use it correctly you have to patch it.

> hello to the list, btw.

hello too :-)