Re: Don't see anything in the logs. (Solaris)

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:58:25 +0200

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 11:51:43PM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> On Mon 05.05.2008 23:38, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> >On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 09:10:42PM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> >
> >>On Sol 11 the remote logging is not allowed by default, to activate
> >>it you must execute the follwoing commands:
> >>
> >>svccfg -s svc:/system/system-log setprop config/log_from_remote=true
> >>svcadm restart svc:/system/system-log
> >>
> >>@Willy: where is the best place for this tip?
> >
> >I have absolutely no idea, I was stuck to old methods for the services.
> >From what I seem to understand above, those commands enable remote
> >logging inside syslog, right?
>
> Yes.
> Since Solaris 10 Sun have changed to SMF

Yes I'm aware of that too. It caused me a lot of grey hair figuring out how it works :-)

> http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/selfheal/smf-quickstart.jsp

Thanks for the link, might help a lot next time.

> for this some of the old settings are moved into some xml files.

ehhh...

> >This was the default for Solaris in the past, I believe. Or maybe we
> >had to pass "-m". Anyway, if what you did above matches what I
> >understood, then yes it's wise.
>
> Afaik the -m is only for mark, I'am sure you mean -r for some unicies.

it's -r on linux, and I'm almost sure it's something else on solaris. Or maybe we added something like "-d" to disable listening on UDP ?

> >Someone would care to send a small patch to add this into the
> >architecture or configuration manual ?
>
> I will take a look.

Thanks Aleks,
Willy Received on 2008/05/05 23:58