When secondary goes down so does primary?

From: Rob Morin <rob#dido.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 07:50:17 -0400

Hello all....

i posted a couple messages last week regarding mysql issues when secondary takes over regarding mysql, all is fixed after making sure the logs are also on the drbd partition.... :) I did a test last night and everything went 100% fine except one weird thing....

I had to reboot the secondary do to kernel upgrades when the secondary went down, so did the primary?????
When the secondary came back up so did the primary, i did another quick test after that to make sure i am not crazy by smply turning off hearbeat on teh secondary, sure enough the primary went down too....

Other than that oddity failure of the primary was taken over by the secondary very nicely..

Can some point me in the right direction as to what to look for? I am going to go through the logs this morning, as i did not have time last night.....

Thanks to all, for help in the past...

--

Rob Morin
Dido Internet Inc.