Re: haproxy + lighttpd fcgi-php

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 07:30:33 +0200

Hello Sebastian,

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 03:59:37PM +0200, Sebastian Fohler wrote:

> I've configured a rudimentary loadbalancing with haproxy. Startet
> the system and placed it infront of a lighttpd fastcgi php
> webserver. Right at the moment I try to access the webserver through
> the haproxy lb I get this error on the lighttpd backend.
> "Backend overloaded try it again in 2s"
> The question is, why? Cause if I run the webserver without haproxy I
> can handle traffic up to 12MByte per second.

where do you find this error message exactly ? In lighttpd's logs ? Would it be possible that lighttpd has any ability to limit per-IP download speed ? Since all requests pass through haproxy, it's haproxy's IP address which is seen as the client by lighttpd, so any per-IP limitation would cause problems. And there's really nothing special in your configuration.

Regards,
Willy