Re: Rails app with maxconn 1 receiving more than 1 request at a time

From: Alexander Staubo <alex#bengler.no>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 16:15:14 +0200

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 7:35 AM, Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu> wrote:
> Huh! this is totally unexpected ! In fact, you could see more session when
> looking on the server than you see on haproxy if the server times out and
> takes time to close a socket. But here it is haproxy which sees more sockets
> than it allows itself. Clearly that's a bug.

We are seeing it, too. I never paid much attention to it since it does not happen consistently, but it may explain the occasional timeout we are experiencing.

> What I find strange is that none of you has had requests queued on servers.
> Maybe you never have any persistence cookie, which explains that requests
> are only queued at the backend.

Another oddity is how the backend sums don't correspond to the individual backend columns. Is this by design?

  http://www.grabup.com/uploads/5958914b38fb769a17559c0353419e6c.png

10 * 0 should not be 109. Does this mean that the backend group as a whole is queueing connections because of the maxconn setting?

Alexander. Received on 2008/09/13 16:15