Persistence + Round Robin

From: Brian Moschel <brian.moschel#gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:09:06 -0500

Hey guys,
I'm new to HAProxy. I've read through the docs and this doesn't seem possible in the current setup, but I could be wrong. Here's what I need:

Load balancing using a uri param, but if its not found, fall back to round robin, but in chunks of 100 by the Referer header. For example, the first 100 people with Referer=www.somedomain.com get sent to nodeA, the 2nd 100 to nodeB, the 3rd 100 to nodeA, etc. After a user is assigned a node, any subsequent request they make needs will have a uri_param that points HAProxy to the right server.

Is this possible? If not, I'd like to hire anyone willing to implement this. Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Brian Received on 2008/09/24 19:09