MySQL health checks (server monitoring).

From: Unai Rodriguez <me#u-journal.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 03:36:11 -0600

Dear All,

I am trying to load balance 2 mysql servers using HAProxy.

Is there a built-in way to check mysql server status (something like smtpchk or ssl-hello-chk, not just opening tcp connections to port 3306)?

If there is none, any suggestions on what would be a good approach?

I was thinking of having a PHP page that performs a small query against the mysql database and displays OK or ERROR. Then, I should be able to use the httpchk. Any thoughts?

Thank you!
unai Received on 2008/10/02 11:36