Re: MySQL health checks (server monitoring).

From: Unai Rodriguez <me#u-journal.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:20:24 -0600

Dear Marcus/Patrick,

Yeah, I actually agree :-) Also, I found about MySQL proxy yesterday through google. It sounds really promising.

The fact is, I am dealing with systems that are already in production status and I have been relying in HAProxy for more than a couple of years with EXCELLENT results.

MySQL proxy is in ALPHA status, and that makes my a little bit uneasy. I do think that tagging something as "alpha" does not necessarily mean that it is too unstable (i.e. GMAIL is still in BETA, heheh), but I need something rock solid.

I saw from previous discussion that Willy was suggesting to create a script hooked to inetd (http://www.formilux.org/archives/haproxy/0710/0053.html) and some other guys were suggesting the php page as well.

I think I will stick to one of these solutions for the moment. I will look into mysql proxy in the near future for sure.

Thank you all so much!
unai