Re: Automatically changing 'backup' servers?

From: Alexey Kovyrin <alexey#kovyrin.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 02:25:10 -0400

yes, this would be a really useful feature. As a simplest solution I'd prefer to have an option for upstream that would make it disabled if it's died at least once. So, a server dies, we mark it as disabled and never use it until haproxy is restarted (reloaded). Would be pretty easy to implement, but unfortunately we had no time to hack haproxy sources so we've created our own solution for this problem. Anyways, would be pretty cool to have this feature implemented some day.

--
Alexey Kovyrin
http://kovyrin.info/