Re: Fwd: Need help to configure HA Proxy

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 23:05:04 +0100

Hi Yusuf,

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 11:39:52AM +0530, Mohamed Yusuf - IT wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Waiting for your valuable replay

I'm sorry, but I see nothing usable in your report. From what I understand, haproxy's health-checks sent to your servers report a failed server. There could be multiple causes, most common ones including missing object, server rejecting request for given URL or given source, and server expecting a host name in the request.

Could you please provide :

For the hand-crafted request, I think you'll simply have to telnet to your server's port and type "HEAD / HTTP/1.0" then hit return twice. The reply should be what haproxy gets.

If it is too cumbersome to configure both haproxy and the server to support HTTP health-checks, you can also fall back to TCP health checks (simply disable "option httpchk"). It will then just check if the server's port respond.

Hoping this helps,
Willy Received on 2008/11/02 23:05