Re: Need help to configure timeout value in haproxy.cfg

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:14:01 +0100

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 01:04:36PM +0530, Mohamed Yusuf - IT wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>
> I have configured stable version 1.2.18. I am using HAProxy with Nginx for
> load balancing Ruby mongrels..
>
> Everything was working fine . But there was an issue that the haproxy is
> getting stopped automatically while reaching the maximum timeout values
> mentioned below
>
> * contimeout 5000
> clitimeout 50000
> srvtimeout 50000*

What do you mean by "getting stopped automatically" ? Does the process die, or does the connection get killed (the intended purpose) ?

> **
> *Please guide me in setting the timeout values to overcome this issue.*
> **
> **
> *Note : Please send me the suitable haproxy configuration file for handling
> ruby on rails mongrels..*

There is no "suitable configuration file". A configuration file is something YOU write for YOUR application and YOUR needs. You can base it on many of the examples provided with the sources or available on the net, but you're the only one who can configure it to fit your needs.