Re: Load balancing to name-based virtual hosts

From: David Rorex <drorex#gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:01:57 -0800

The simplest method would be to set up each server to respond to the same domain name. eg location1, location2, etc would all have the domain ' soap.vendor.com' set up. Then, a user requests soap.vendor.com from the haproxy load balancer, it gets randomly passed to one of the backends, which has no problem because it is set up to handle that name

-David R