RE: e-mail alert if backend down

From: John Marrett <JMarrett#mediagrif.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:14:41 -0500

Normally you would probably want to use a separate tool for monitoring, independent of the load balancing system, that would notify you for failures.

This would allow you to health check the different back end servers, as well as the combined high availablity service that's offered by haproxy.

You might want to consider nagios or zenoss. There are a multitude of other open and closed source monitoring options that could be considered.

-JohnF