Re: Empty IP when forwardfor enabled

From: Patrick Viet <patrick.viet#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:30:53 +0100

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Rodrigo <elrodri#gmail.com> wrote:

> LogFormat "%{X-Forwarded-For}i %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
> \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
>
> but many times the IP field appears empty. I've read on this mailling list
> that it has something to do with KeepAliveTimeout on Apache. I rised up it
> from 6 to 15, but no luck.
>
> How could I fix this?

Hi Rodrigo

Use mod_rpaf, normal log config, and you'll be fine. The variable doesn't appear in the next requests because haproxy doesn't handle keepalive yet. So next requests are passed unchanged.

Or as suggested Rainer, don't use keepalive : option httpclose. But that's a lower performance (for the end-user) thing : IE gets very slow without keepalive.

--
  Patrick