Geographic loadbalancing

From: Tayssir John Gabbour <tjg#pentaside.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:38:43 +0100

Hi,

I'm considering geographically loadbalancing a website (where people order stuff) in case our ISP has a big network problem for an hour. Is this within HAProxy's scope?

A bit more context:

I'm told that anycast is the natural solution, but I find little on the net (or in books) on this. (Though there's more info on geodns, which I'm told is like a "poor man's anycast.")

I thought I could use a DNS server which polls server health (only serving addresses that are up), but I'm told this is a bad idea for reasons I don't yet grasp.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tayssir Received on 2009/01/26 16:38