Re: Setting up SNMP

From: Ruy Diaz <ruy.diaz#with.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 16:40:56 -0800

Apologies about the top-posting.

I have moved the stats socket to the global section (I had it in defaults) and now I can see /var/run/haproxy.stat. However, I am still getting the "No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)" error.

If I monitor syslog, I can see that a connection is being made, but I have a feeling that the haproxy.pl script is having some sort of problem accessing the information from the socket. Although this time when I ran perl /etc/snmp/haproxy.pl, the error I received was different:

$ perl /etc/snmp/haproxy.pl
NetSNMP::agent object version 5.0401 does not match bootstrap parameter 5.04021 at /usr/lib/perl/5.10/DynaLoader.pm line 219. Compilation failed in require at /etc/snmp/haproxy.pl line 18. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /etc/snmp/haproxy.pl line 18.

During my previous fiddling around trying to find the root of the problem, I did copy net-snmp-5.4.2.1/perl/blib/lib/NetSNMP/agent.pm to /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/NetSNMP/agent.pm. I'm not sure if this has an impact or if I maybe overwrote something that was already there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ruy Received on 2009/02/04 01:40