RE: statistic of haproxy

From: John Lauro <john.lauro#covenanteyes.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:30:07 -0500

If you put something like the following in global:

stats socket /var/lib/haproxy-stat mode 777

Here is some quick items I hacked together for zabbix: (should be easy enough to put into nagios, or mrtg, or whatever)

UserParameter=proxyconn,echo "show info" | /usr/local/bin/socat
/var/lib/haproxy-stat stdio | grep CurrConns | awk '{ print $2 }'

UserParameter=proxytotconn,echo "show stat" | /usr/local/bin/socat
/var/lib/haproxy-stat stdio | grep ,BACKEND, | awk -F, '{ tot = tot + $8 }
END { print tot }'

UserParameter=proxytoterr,echo "show stat" | /usr/local/bin/socat
/var/lib/haproxy-stat stdio | grep ,BACKEND, | awk -F, '{ tot = tot + $14 +
$15 } END { print tot }'

I think there is also an SNMP agent that you could use, but haven't tried that.