Re: HAProxy under 2.6 x64

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:12:38 +0100

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:52:42PM +0000, Robert Simmons wrote:
> Hello Willy,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. I've just re-tested this under 1.3.15.7
> (on my other box) and using the command below it does compile
> successfully, so it would seem to only affect 1.2.18 - which doesnt
> seem to have the file structure you mentioned, I dont see a compat.h
> anywhere in the tarball.

No there aren't any in 1.2.18, indeed. Maybe in 1.3 the problem was incidently solved by the addition of another header before netfilter.

> I need to check whether using the compiled version solves the
> saturation issues I've had whilst running tests, with the CPU sitting
> at 100% and no further connections being accepted.

there are two cases where this can happen :

Please try to push global maxconn and your frontend's maxconn to very large values.

> I would be
> interested however in discussing my project with you off-list, I'm
> interested in hearing your thoughts on my theory (apologies for the
> obfuscation, but its not a protected idea currently).

OK if you want. But I prefer to tell you now that I often take a lot of time before replying to long comments on ideas, simply because the response itself takes a lot of time and concentration that I rarely find.