HAProxy vs Ldirectord vs Relayd(Hoststated)

From: Brian Kruger <bek41#cox.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:00:37 -0700

Hi,

I've been looking for a nice load balancing solution. I've taken a look at openbsd's relayd which looks decent coupled with carp..

relayd looks like you can do some custom scripting for it do to various checks much like HAProxy, but I haven't seen really anyone put it through paces for testing. (perhaps I'll try to do this one day in the near future.) Mostly w/ layer 7 stuff is where I'm curious how it'll perform.

Other than some of the extensive web config w/ layer 7 and such for HAProxy, are there any significant performance gains vs using ldirectord? I've been searching around, but I haven't seen very much about it at all.

Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!
-Brian Received on 2009/05/14 20:00