Re: HAProxy - Inline Monitoring?

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 06:56:03 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:37:14AM -0700, Jonah Horowitz wrote:
> Iım currently testing HAProxy for deployment. Right now we use NetScaler
> load balancers, and the provide a feature called ³inline monitoring². With
> inline monitoring the Netscaler will take a server out of rotation if it
> responds with a 5xx error to a client response. It does this separate from
> standard health checks. Is there a way to do this with HAProxy?

No, and I don't want to do the same as it seems a little bit risky to me. However what is planned is to switch to fast health-checks when a number of 5xx errors is encountered. That way, it would significantly reduce the time to detect a server failure without the risk of taking a server out of the farm on random errors.