Re: HAproxy not accepting http health check response

From: Benedikt Fraunhofer <fraunhof#traced.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 17:24:08 +0200

Ah, forgot to cc the list in my first reply, so sorry for the following fullquote.

2009/5/25 Benedikt Fraunhofer <fraunhof#traced.net>:
> Hello *,
>
> 2009/5/25 Sanjeev Kumar <replyskumar#gmail.com>:
>>  My config file.
> [...]
>>   option httpchk HEAD /check.tst HTPP/1.0
>
> do you really have "HTPP" there?
>
> can you paste the tcpdump or strace output?
>
> just my 2 cent.
>
> Beni.

---
2009/5/25 Sanjeev Kumar <replyskumar#gmail.com>:

> I have changed the DB-application on server is to respond to HTTP-HEAD cmd
> with the response:
>
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\n\r\n
3 things... 1) the EAGAIN is not really an error. It's the expected answer for a recv() call on a non-blocking-io handle which has no data available to read. It's more like a "please try again later"-hint. non-blocking-io-operation is requested with fcntl64(6, F_SETFL, O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK) = 0 2) option httpchk HEAD /check.tst HTPP/1.0 is somehow wrong. That was the first question in my first reply. It's "HTTP" not "HTPP" and you must have some other typo in there, as your strace output says: send(6, "HEAD /check.txt; HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n", 29, MSG_DONTWAIT|MSG_NOSIGNAL) = 29 . note the ";" after "check.txt", which is incorrect. Furthermore the filename you supplied in your config "check.tst" does not appear here. A correct http-request obeying the config you supplied would look like HEAD /check.tst HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n 3) surprisingly your application nevertheless returns a HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\n\r\n which looks fine, so you've got me stumped. Could you double check that you've no typos in your config? It's just that the requests seen in the strace output do not comply with the config you pasted. Please also note that you've "mode tcp" in there and you are requesting http-checks. This is ok and also noted in the docs, just make sure this is what you really want :) does haproxy say something about the servers going down in the logs? Which version are you using? Should you repeat your strace, please use something like "-s 8192" so we can see all messages (especially those sent to the log) and they're not chopped after 32 characters. Cheers Beni.