Haproxy as a MSSQL 2005 cluster front end?

From: Paul Dickson <pdickson#FrederickCountyMD.gov>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:38:53 -0400

We have two SQL servers as a DB backend for sharepoint. Right now it is configured such that should the one sharepoint is pointed at go down, we have to manually tell sharepoint to use the other server. This is a bit of a pain. The two MSSQL servers are using SQLıs internal clustering/sync. Iım wondering if I use HAProxy as a front end if Iım going to run into data corruption. Iıve seen posts on here about people doing it with MySQL but Iım sure MySQL has a different clustering algorithm than MSSQL.

Is anyone doing this with MSSQL?

Paul K. Dickson
Systems Administrator
Frederick County Government, IIT
pdickson#fredco-md.net
301-600-2399/x12399 Received on 2009/08/12 15:38