Re: timeout client / server clarification

From: Pedro Mata-Mouros Fonseca <pedro.matamouros#sapo.pt>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:16:06 +0100

Greetings,

Picking this up again, there's a little problem. The directives timeout client and timeout server should be set to the same value. Imagine an upload scenario again. Imagine that both timeout directives are set to 8s (or 30s, or 120s, it doesn't really matter). Client starts uploading and data is being sent to the server. Client timeout counter is not reached because data is being sent, as John said earlier. However, if uploading takes more than 8s (in this example), the timeout server is swiftly activated...

Any obvious way to go around this, aside from increasing the timeouts? I don't want to increase them because I don't really know how much time an upload can take. I also know that a very obvious solution would be to have all uploads go to a different domain and not pass by HAProxy. Anyone dealt with this problem already?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro.