Re: Backend Server UP/Down Debugging?

From: Krzysztof Oledzki <ole#ans.pl>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:58:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 04:18:58PM +0200, Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:
>>> I think you wanted to put HCHK_STATUS_L57OK here, not OKD since we're
>>> in the 2xx/3xx state and not 404 disable. Or maybe I misunderstood the
>>> OKD status ?
>>
>> OKD means we have Layer5-7 data avalible, like for example http code.
>> Several times I found that some of my servers were misconfigured and were
>> returning a 3xx code redirecting to a page-not-found webpage instead of
>> doing a proper healt-check, so I think it is good to know what was the
>> response, even if it was OK (2xx/3xx).
>
> Ah OK that makes sense now. It's a good idea to note that data is
> available, for later when we want to capture it whole. Indeed, I'd
> like to reuse the same capture principle as is used in proxies for
> errors. It does not take *that* much space and is so much useful
> already that we ought to implement it soon there too !

OK, I found where your confusion comes from - the diff was incomplete, there was no include/types/checks.h file that explains how HCHK_STATUS_L57OK differs from HCHK_STATUS_L57OKD and also makes it possible to compile the code. :(

Dmitry, could you please use this patch instead? ;)

Best regards,

                         Krzysztof Olędzki