ACL Question

From: Joseph Hardeman <jhardeman#colocube.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:44:03 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I know you can use acl's to take a request for a file and send it to a different backend than the normal requests go to, but I was wondering can an acl be setup so that when a request for a file, say update.php, is called via the external url, for example:

http://www.example.com/update.php

Instead of sending it to a single server can you send it to all of the backend servers at the same time?

For example, if you have a cache on each backend that needs to be updated all at the same time when a post is made from a visitor? So lets say my visitor hits backend http://b1.example.com/my/own/blog where they post a comment and I have a script setup so that when the post request is made it calls http://www.example.com/update.php to update the cache directory with the new content. With a single cache server this normally wouldn't be a question, but having the cache on each backend makes it more difficult and I am curious if I can have the call for update.php sent to all the backends instead of my having to run a cron job on each system to make the call every minute or so.

Thanks everyone

Joe

--
This message has been scanned for viruses by Colocube's AV Scanner