Re: We have been playing around with the new RDP cookie feature in 1.4-dev4 and it works really well...

From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm#loadbalancer.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:10:46 +0000

Guillaume,

I think you would need to increase the clitimeout and srvtimeout to 2 hours if you wanted it to be seemless.
Otherwise you would need to reconnect with the same username to join the same session if those timeouts had expired.

Its not like HTTP cookies that are remember on the client (the login id is only sent when establishing a connection)

Nick can you run this specific test tomorrow, please?

2009/11/9 Guillaume Bourque <Guillaume.Bourque#gmail.com>

> Hi Malcolm,
>
> I'M using haproxy for RDP dispatcher but in tcp mode with "balance
> source".
>
> This setup will allow a laptop user which goes in sleep mode to go back on
> the same server when it will wake up 2 hours later.
>
> I would be interested to ear if you have laptop users in your setup and if
> the user will end up on the same backend server after a 1 hour sleep period
> ? Will the RDP cookie be the same after a wakeup ?
>
> Thanks for sharing this !
>
> Guillaume
>

> Malcolm Turnbull a écrit :
>
> We have been playing around with the new RDP cookie feature in 1.4-dev4
>> and it works really well...
>> One of our guys Nick has written a blog about his configuration and
>> testing of Windows Terminal Servers with Windows an Linux RDP clients.
>> We would welcome any feedback from anyone using a similar configuration.
>>
>> http://blog.loadbalancer.org/
>> or
>>
>> http://blog.loadbalancer.org/load-balancing-windows-terminal-server-%E2%80%93-haproxy-and-rdp-cookies/
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Malcolm Turnbull.
>>
>> Loadbalancer.org Ltd.
>> Phone: +44 (0)870 443 8779
>> http://www.loadbalancer.org/
>>

> --
> Guillaume Bourque, B.Sc.,
> consultant, infrastructures technologiques libres !
> 514 576-7638

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.
Phone: +44 (0)870 443 8779