Re: Preventing bots from starving other users?

From: Wout Mertens <wout.mertens#gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:46:14 +0100

On Nov 16, 2009, at 1:47 PM, Karsten Elfenbein wrote:

> Just create an additional backend and assign the bots to it.
> You can set queues and max connections there as needed.

Yes, you're right - that's probably the best solution. I'll create an extra apache process on the same server that will handle the bot subnet. No extra hardware needed. Thanks!

The wiki in question is TWiki - very flexible but very bad at caching what it does. Basically, for each page view the complete interpreter and all plugins get loaded.

Wout. Received on 2009/11/16 15:46