Re: Process in D Stat

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:36:47 +0100

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 09:00:22PM -0800, Jose Avila(Tachu) wrote:
> i've been noticing some of my load balancers show up processes in D stat. this processes obviously cant be killed and if i look at my server load it shows a higher load than servers with no processes in D stat. Any ideas on what I can do to get rid of these processes?? other than rebooting?

A process in D state means the process is waiting in the kernel for something. The only thing I can see is that your kernel is very ill, because haproxy only does non-blocking accesses, so I think that if you run "dmesg", you'd see some odd messages. Most likely you're on a deadlock inside the kernel. Check your version and try to update it from your distro's repository. And from your description, I think you'll have to reboot anyway to get rid of that.

Willy Received on 2009/11/19 22:36