Re: haproxy and google SPDY

From: Karsten Elfenbein <karsten.elfenbein#erento.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:58:02 +0100

Hi,

I still don't seen any real advantage of spdy over http/1.1 with pipelining.

Maybe the issues with pipelining should be addressed first in the browser to webserver chain.

The other big issue in relation to haproxy is currently the keepalive support as only the first header of a connection is used for L7 inspection. Breaking that up to support keepalive and pipelining would be a big issue. (one connection could result in different backends to deliver the content) (SSL/TLS would be nice to have while we are talking about that :) )

Also while translating spdy:// to http:// you would run into issues with the backend app needs to output spdy:// links on a http:// request.

Am Freitag, 20. November 2009 schrieben Sie:

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Karsten Elfenbein
Entwicklung und Systemadministration

erento - Der Online-Marktplatz für Mietartikel.

erento GmbH
Friedenstrasse 91
D-10249 Berlin

Tel:     +49 (30) 2000 42064
Fax:     +49 (30) 2000  8499
eMail:   karsten.elfenbein#erento.com

Hotline: 01805 - 373 686 (14 ct/min.)
Firmensitz der erento GmbH ist Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Chris Möller & Oliver Weyergraf
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg,  HRB 101206B
http://www.erento.com - alles online mieten.