Re: Custom health checks

From: Guy <wyldfury#gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:30:27 +0000

2009/11/25 John Lauro <john.lauro#covenanteyes.com>:
> I use this method for a soft down type script easy to run on an individual
> server, but could be used as part of a generic health type test that runs on
> each server.  Implementation is left as an exercise for the reader (cron
> once a minute, some monitoring daemon or script that checks more frequently,
> etc...)

Thanks John, will definitely take a look at using that.

Can anyone think of situations where haproxy can make use of detailed health checks returned instead of just blocking the port on the back end server?
I can't imagine that anything more would be necessary, but then I don't know haproxy so well that I can be sure of all its capabilities.

Thanks
Guy

--
Don't just do something...sit there!