RE: Doesn't work for a very few visitors

From: Joe Torsitano <jtorsitano#weatherforyou.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:00:38 -0800

Hi Willy,

What's strange is traffic still appears normal, and is, for probably at least 99% of the visitors. Logged traffic remains about normal (hundreds of thousands of visitors a day). I just get a few e-mails asking why the site has been down for days or when it will be back. But I cannot recreate the problem. And I know there are probably people who just don't e-mail and, unfortunately, don't come back.

Here is the config file with the IP addresses changed, pretty much the default that comes with it...

# this config needs haproxy-1.1.28 or haproxy-1.2.1

global

        log 127.0.0.1   local0
        log 127.0.0.1   local1 notice
        #log loghost    local0 info
        maxconn 4096
        chroot /var/lib/haproxy
        user haproxy
        group haproxy
        daemon
        #debug
        #quiet

defaults
        log     global
        mode    http
        option  httplog
        option  dontlognull
        retries 3
        option  redispatch
        maxconn 2000
        contimeout      5000
        clitimeout      50000
        srvtimeout      50000

listen  HTTP 12.34.56.78:80
        mode    http
        balance roundrobin
        server  httpA 98.76.54.32:80 check inter 35000 rise 3 fall 3
        server  httpB 23.45.67.89:80 check inter 35000 rise 3 fall 3
        source  10.176.192.82

listen stats :2680
        mode http
        stats uri /