RE: Doesn't work for a very few visitors

From: Joe Torsitano <jtorsitano#weatherforyou.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:38:07 -0800

This was definitely not caused by too many connections or the conntrack table being full. In my test setup there were only five people trying to connect... two people who were having the problem and three of us that it worked fine for. Still the strange thing is the exact same iptables setup works fine for everyone involved connecting directly to the Apache server but not going through HAProxy. I also tried a couple other load balancing solutions and got the same result (Apache fine, load balancing solution fail). The only load balancing solution that worked was Apache mod_balancer, but it is too basic for my needs.

Anyway, on the load balancer I don't need a very sophisticated iptables. As long as I can do basic protection and run HAProxy everything will be fine.

Thanks!

--
 Joe Torsitano