Re: Enabling logging on solaris

From: German Gutierrez :: OLX Operation Center <germang#olx.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:24:25 -0300

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Mallin, Eoin <emallin#revenue.ie> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to get HAProxy logging enabled on solaris 9. My HAProxy
> configuration file looks as follows:
>
> log 127.0.0.1   local0 info
>
> /etc/syslog.conf now has the following entry
>
> local0.* /haproxy/log/haproxy.log
>
> Is there another step to allow syslog accept socket connections?
>
> Many thanks,
> Eoin
>

> Eoin Mallin
> ITS Architecture
> Castle View
> Georges Street
> Dublin 2
> VPN: 35379

Just a hint, try to see if syslog is listening on udp port 514, netstat or, if its installed, lsof -i :514 can help you on that.

--
Germán Gutiérrez

OLX Operation Center
OLX Inc.
Buenos Aires - Argentina

Delivering common sense since 1969 <Epoch Fail!>.

The Nature is not amiable; It treats impartially to all the things.
The wise person is not amiable; He treats all people impartially.

No afecta al sitio, no necesita QA.