Re: Backup servers in 1.3

From: Chris Sarginson <chris#sargy.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 12:12:44 +0000

Cyril Bonté wrote:
> From your configuration, the behaviour is correct because of the "sorry" cookie :
> as soon as a response provides this cookie, all the next requests providing the same value will be directed to this server.
> If you want the requests return to the servers as soon as they're up again, you can remove "cookie sorry" on the backup server.
> Then this request will be load balanced to one of the active servers.
>
>> server sorry 10.10.10.184:80 cookie sorry check inter 3000 rise 2 fall 2 weight 1 backup
>
> could become :
> server sorry 10.10.10.184:80 check inter 3000 rise 2 fall 2 weight 1 backup

Hi Guys,

I've now made this change, however I'm seeing some traffic being dispatched to the backup server when there are other servers in the primary group available? Is this the correct behavior?

I'm running haproxy 1.3.22, and have

option redispatch

set in my config (as per my original email)

Chris Received on 2010/02/19 13:12