[ANNOUNCE] haproxy-1.4.0

From: Willy Tarreau <w#1wt.eu>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:02:09 +0100

Hi all,

now's THE day.

1.4-rc1 was emitted 3 weeks ago, and very minor issues were reported and fixed. There's no need to wait any longer, so let's release it now.

The code is remarkably stable and has no known regressions from 1.3. (Some fixes from 1.4 will even have to be backported to 1.3 soon). That does not mean it is 100% secure, it just means that if nobody could break it till now, there are very little chances you will get affected by a regression. That does not save you from running the usual QA tests which are required when upgrading any product.

I think distro packagers can reasonably start opening a 1.4 branch with this version in it. If we have to fix anything, fixes should come fast and be easy to integrate.

As with 1.3, you can find the whole thing here :

   site index : http://haproxy.1wt.eu/
   sources    : http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.4/src/
   changelog  : http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.4/src/CHANGELOG
   binaries   : http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.4/bin/

I'm obviously interested in any problem report :-)

Willy Received on 2010/02/26 16:02